Casselden Basement Cyclist Facilities, Melbourne Australia
LinkedIn’s “Blue Line” bike path.
- Lockers: Clothing and equipment lockers can be an in-parking amenity or included in an adjacent changing area with showers. Alternatively cubbies or shelving can suffice for gear storage.
- Cargo Bike Parking: Cargo bikes and electric bikes are becoming more and more popular and should be accomodated. This means providing larger or dedicated spaces for larger bikes.
- E-bike Charging: E-bike sales at retail grew +145% in 2020 compared to the previous year. To combat “range anxiety,” provide outlets for charging next to bike parking.
- DIY Repair Station: A DIY station helps keep everyone rolling by enabling cyclists to handle small adjustments/repairs and fix flats on their own.
- Lock Bar: A lock bar is a place for cyclists to store their locks when not in use.
Need help planning bike facilities for your building? Bikes Make Life Better is dedicated to helping large organizations use bikes for healthy sustainable transportation. They’ve helped design bike parking and facilities for Facebook, Salesforce, Airbnb, Stripe, Pembroke Real Estate, LinkedIn and many others.