From Reticent to Regular Rider — Using a Behavior Change Model to Design Effective Bike Programs
Thursday, April 29, 9:00 – 9:30 AM PT
We know from experience that no single class, incentive, or approach will motivate someone to shift from their car to a bike. That’s because behavior change is a process with distinct stages.
So how do you know what interventions and programming will work?
Jessica Roberts, Principal at Alta Planning + Design, will show us how Stages of Change theory — an academic model of assessing and categorizing individual desire to change behavior — can help planners and program managers empower more people to ride. Jessica will cover:
- The five Stages of Change, as applied to the decision to ride a bike
- How to segment your audience for more effective marketing
- How to deliver the right interventions at the right times
- Ways to use this behavior change theory to guide your bike program
- Measuring program success
Please bring your questions for the Q&A portion.
This is a free, online event. Please register below and feel free to invite friends and colleagues. If you have any questions, please send us a note.