A Competitive Advantage
house price premium
There is a 5% house price premium for homes located near greenbelts with bike paths. (Westline Village).
reduction of on site vehicle parking
The City of Kirkland reduces up to 5% of on site vehicle parking requirements when installing secure, covered bike parking. (Codepublishing.com: KZC 105.34).
“Now, you have to do it [build for bikes], so do it in a way that’s functional and really usable and an amenity for the people who are living there,”
Daniel Simons, principal at San Francisco–based David Baker Architects (Multifamily Executive). The city’s code requirements have helped bicyclist amenities become more mainstream.
“In the city, it’s becoming more and more attractive for people who are bike riders to commute. We’re recognizing that and making our buildings much more bike-friendly,”
Bruce Percelay, chairman of The Mount Vernon Company in Boston (Multifamily Executive).
Bikes appeal to your clients and audiences, including tenants, employers, residents, and even local governments. Here’s how we can help:
CIRCULATION CONSULTING, PLANNING & DESIGN
How will cyclists safely travel to, from, and within your development?
We specialize in:
- Bike infrastructure design
- Gap analyses
- Surface striping recommendations
- Mass transit integration
- Modal integration (i.e. mixed-use path assessment)
- Mode shift forecasting
ACCESS CONSULTING, PLANNING & DESIGN
How and where do cyclists enter and exit your development?
We specialize in access assessment from:
- Street to entrance
- Entrance to parking
- Parking to destination (e.g. office, apartment, cafe, retail, etc.)
END-OF-TRIP (EOT) BIKE FACILITIES
Have you planned for parking and amenities to meet future tenant demand?
We consult, plan and/or design EOT facilities, including:
- Secure bike parking with a variety of
rack types and amenities
- Public, outdoor parking for retail, transit, residential
- Bike repair stations
- Other amenities depending on need
Dedicated on-site bike shops – for bike repair and retail – can serve your commercial and residential tenants well.
We specialize in bike shop design and have the industry knowledge and experience to turn a bike shop into a desirable retail draw for bikes and bike gear.
Bike shops are also well suited to be paired with other amenities such as cafes, locker rooms, and bike parking.
Would your property benefit from bike and/or scooter share?
We specialize in mobility share and bike loaner feasibility studies that include:
- Determining the most appropriate type of shared mobility system to accommodate your development’s user base
- Recommending the most reputable vendors in the shared mobility market, including bikes, software, hardware, and operations
- Recommendations on best practices including policies, risk mitigation, communications, and program implementation
We’ve worked with some of the largest most influential real estate developers, architects and property managers in the business.